A very special evening of dining, adventure and fun for Community Play members, supporters and friends, all in aid of funding our exciting new production of “Drummer Hodge” For those of you who have not participated in one of these great evenings before the basic idea is as follows;
• Participants will either be “hosts” or “guests”
• Hosts provide food and hospitality, staying at their home for the 3 courses and are visited by 2 (or 3) pairs of guests for each course in turn
• Guests (plus hosts if they are not too busy with preparations) meet at Clementine House, Martinstown at 6.30pm, where we will have a pre-dinner drink, and each guest couple is given 3 envelopes containing the venue for their starter, main course and pudding.
• The envelopes are only to be opened at pre-determined times- the element of surprise!
• At the end of the evening, the whole party, including hosts, return to Martinstown for the cheese course, coffee and “chat”
A brief outline of the evening
• The evening has to be carried out in pairs. Each pair needs to be in a separate car. as one aspect of the event is that couples are unlikely to meet up more than once “on their travels”
• Each dinner party will be for 6 or 8 people (host pair + 4/6)
• Food should be “middle of the road” – nothing outrageous
• Hosts should provide drinks, including soft drinks; recognising that one member of each couple will have to drive
• Guests should be prepared to eat in line with the above. We are sorry, bur due to the nature of the event we cannot accommodate any special dietary requirements.
• Each pair should take a bottle of wine to the starter course
• I will be looking for early bookings as the organisation is complex
• Hosts will need to be in Dorchester or within circa 15 minutes journey time to minimise travelling
• Cost will be £40 per couple plus a botle of wine
• Host couples do not pay anything and receive £10 per couple as a contribution towards the food cost.
If you would like to participate please complete the attached form and return to me by 25th January latest.
Lyn and Mike Beesley Clementine House, Manor Farm Court, Martinstown, Dorchester DT2 9JN